Tata Sky Referral Program
Earn exciting benefits for yourself and friends with our referral programme
- Tata Sky Referral Program (‘Referral Program’) is a reward based referral program for the subscribers of Tata Sky Limited (‘Tata Sky’). Under this Referral Program, the existing subscribers of Tata Sky who have an active account status and do not fall within the category mentioned in Clause D (1) of the General Terms mentioned below ("Subscriber") are eligible to refer a new customer ("Prospective Subscriber") to Tata Sky for the purchase of a new Tata Sky HD DTH Connection.
- The Referral Program is valid from 30th January 2020, till such date as Tata Sky may decide in its sole discretion.
- Upon referral by a Subscriber, the Prospective Subscriber will be contacted by Tata Sky for their Tata Sky HD DTH Account activation. The rewards under the Referral Program will be provided as specified in Part B (Referral Benefit) below.
Subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Referral Program, the following shall be the referral benefits:
- On successful referral by a Subscriber, the Prospective Subscriber shall be eligible to receive a special discount on the purchase of a new Tata Sky HD DTH Connection;
- On successful activation of the Prospective Subscriber’s Tata Sky HD DTH Connection:
- the Subscriber who referred such Prospective Subscriber shall be eligible to receive a cash back of Rs. 200 (Indian Rupees Two Hundred Only), which shall be credited to the Subscriber’s Tata Sky Account within one (1) day of such successful activation;
- the Prospective Subscriber who purchased a new Tata Sky DTH Connection after being so referred shall be eligible to receive a cash back of Rs. 200 (Indian Rupees Two Hundred Only), which shall be credited to the Prospective Subscriber’s Tata Sky Account, within one (1) day of such successful activation.
(Collectively referred to as “Referral Benefits”).
Methods of Participation
- A Subscriber can refer a Prospective Subscriber to Tata Sky through the following mode:
- Tata Sky website: A Subscriber can visit www.tatasky.com/refer (“Tata Sky Website”) to participate in the Referral Program. On the website Subscriber can refer a Prospective Subscriber by manually entering Prospective Subscriber’s name and 10-digit mobile number, or by copying a referral link and sharing it either through email, social media platforms like Facebook post, Facebook messenger, Twitter, or WhatApp.
- Through SMS: A Subscriber can text: REF <Prospective Subscriber’s Mobile Number> to 56633, from his/her Registered Mobile Number (primary/alternate).
- Though Tata Sky Mobile App: A Subscriber can log into their account on Tata Sky Mobile App to participate in the Referral Program by clicking on Refer & Earn tab.
Note: The Subscriber having multiple Subscription account linked to his/her Registered Mobile Number, can receive the Referral Benefits credit in only one Subscription account. In such case, the Subscriber will have to indicate the Subscriber ID on which the Subscriber would like to receive the Referral Benefit.
General Terms and Conditions
- The following persons shall not be entitled to participate in this Referral Program:
- Tata Sky business associates including the dealers, advertising agencies and their employees;
- Anyone who may be involved with the promotion such as content partners, vendors, agencies etc.;
- Residents of any state in India, if it is prohibited by law in such state.
- In addition to the Terms and Conditions stated here, the Subscribers shall be bound by the Subscription Contract found on the My Tata Sky website - www.tatasky.com.
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible in case of any network problems such as breakdown of machinery, unclear network, disruption in the network and/or the charges that may be payable by the Subscriber to any network operator or network service provider including any mobile carrier handling charges, data handling charges, or premium rates that may be charged by the network operator/ service provider . The Subscribers must check with their respective network operators regarding the charges payable to the network operator before using any of networks. Any dispute in connection with the same should be settled between the Subscribers and the network operator without involving Tata Sky.
- While participating under the Referral Program, the Subscribers and the Prospective Subscribers must provide all the required information, which may be asked by Tata Sky from such Subscribers and the Prospective Subscribers.
- A Subscriber can refer a Prospective Subscriber starting from 30th January, 2020 at 00:00:00 AM.
- Tata Sky reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner deemed appropriate by Tata Sky.
- Only a Subscriber of Tata Sky having an existing active account status can refer a Prospective Subscriber under this Referral Program.
- A Subscriber cannot refer an existing Tata Sky Subscriber (Active/In-active) as a Prospective Subscriber.
- Only Regular-Residential category Subscribers can refer a Prospective Subscriber. Any reference from any agent, dealer, installer, etc. will not be considered as reference.
- The Prospective Subscriber will be informed that he/she has been referred by a Tata Sky Subscriber (participating Subscriber’s name will be shared with such Prospective Subscriber).
- Any Prospective Subscriber can be referred only once. A second referral of the same Prospective Subscriber will not be accepted as a Prospective Subscriber.
- A Subscriber cannot refer himself/herself for this Referral Program, if the Registered Mobile Number is same for referrers and referee then the offer will be void and Subscriber shall not be eligible to receive any credit/benefits.
- The said Referral Benefit will only be a one-time credit and must not be considered as a recurring monthly credit. Tata Sky reserves the right to increase or decrease the amount of the said Referral Benefit anytime during the term of this Referral Program without any prior intimation to its Subscribers.
- A Subscriber can refer up to a maximum of hundred (100) Prospective Subscribers, however, a Subscriber can receive the Referral Benefits to his/her Tata Sky Subscription Account for only three (3) successful activation of the Prospective Subscribers referred by him/her. For avoidance of any doubt, a Subscriber will not receive any Referral Benefits for any referrals beyond three (3) successful Prospective Subscriber activations of the Tata Sky HD DTH Connection referred by him/her under this Referral Program.
- Subject to terms above, if a participating Subscriber is a Long Duration Pack ('LDP') Subscriber, he/she will still receive Rs. 200/- (Indian Rupees Two Hundred Only) cashback to his/her Tata Sky DTH Account per new referred Prospective Subscriber, however, the Referral Benefits will not be extended to the duration of their LDP. In such an event the LDP Subscriber can use such credit in his/her Tata Sky subscription account for accessing Tata Sky value added services and/or platform services such as watching movie on showcase, Pay per view etc.
- This Referral Program is non-transferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash.
- A participating Subscriber will be eligible for the Referral Benefit if the Prospective Subscriber referred by the Subscriber activates the new connection through Tata Sky Website/Helpline modes only. Referral Benefits will not be provided if the Prospective Subscriber gets the new connection through any other sales channel.
- Tata Sky reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever, to add or vary all or any of the Terms and Conditions or to replace, wholly or in part this Referral Program or to withdraw it completely or to change the composition of Referral Program.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable in relation to the Referral Program shall be solely borne by the existing Subscribers.
- The charges for SMS sent by the Subscriber for the participation in this Referral Program shall be solely borne by the Subscriber as per the rates and charges applicable by the Subscriber's respective telecom network provider.
- Tata Sky reserves the right to reverse Referral Benefit amount mistakenly credited to the Subscriber's Tata Sky Account.
- The participating Subscriber hereby declares that they have obtained due consent from the Prospective Subscriber to provide their contact details to Tata Sky , and that Tata Sky may contact them to offer its products and/or services. The participating Subscriber shall be responsible to Tata Sky for any losses or claims that may be occasioned upon Tata Sky, in the event that this declaration is found to be untrue.
- Tata Sky will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the Subscribers if the Referral Program is cancelled and/or withdrawn by Tata Sky or if the Subscriber/Prospective Subscriber is not able to participate in the Referral Program due to a Force Majeure Event including without limitation for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Tata Sky such as war, natural calamities, epidemics, pandemics, floods, failure of telecommunication network, satellite technology failure etc.
- By participating in this Referral Program, it shall be deemed to be construed that the participating Subscribers have read and consented to the Terms and Conditions stated here in and in the Subscription Contract.
- The participating Subscribers and/or any person through the participating Subscribers shall waive any and all right that such an individual may have to claim ambiguity in these Terms and Conditions and agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Tata Sky and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective agents, partners, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from the Subscribers participating in this Referral Program.
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access the Tata Sky website or process any transaction thereon.
- All capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as ascribed to them in the Subscription Contract.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the Subscription Contract and these Terms and Conditions, in so far as this Referral Program is concerned, the latter shall prevail.
- Headings used herein are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this Referral Program.
- Any disputes, differences or questions, which may arise at any time hereafter between Tata Sky and the Subscriber touching the true construction of this Agreement or performance of the obligations or enforcing any rights and/or liabilities of the Parties hereunder, shall be first amicably resolved between the Parties within 30 (thirty) days from the date on which such dispute was raised by a Party and communicated to the other Party in writing failing which the dispute shall be referred to a sole arbitrator of the Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA). The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the Indian Council of Arbitration and shall be subject to the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended or any statutory modifications or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force. The venue of such arbitration shall be at Mumbai and the Courts at Mumbai alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with the arbitration proceedings and the awards in accordance with law. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English language. The award passed by the arbitrators shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
- Subject to the arbitration clause, these terms and conditions shall be construed and governed by the laws of India and the Parties agree to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai.