TATA SKY DOES NOT SUPPORT TRANSFER FEATURE ANYMORE.
Transfer is a service which allows Active Tata Sky Subscribers to transfer/stream recorded content on your mobile device from a Transfer set top box using the Subscriber's Wi-Fi network. This service can be accessed through the Tata Sky Mobile app. The mobile app and the Transfer set top box need to be within the common Wi-Fi network to use this service. The Tata Sky mobile app is free to download.
- Activation: process of providing access to Transfer, charging the Subscriber’s Tata Sky Subscription Account with Transfer Fee.
- Active Tata Sky Subscriber / Tata Sky Subscriber / Subscriber: means a Tata Sky Subscriber holding a positive account balance in his / her Tata Sky Subscription Account.
- Content: means the linear and non-linear content and / or platform services made available to Tata Sky Subscriber.
- Data charges: the charges as per internet service provider/ broadband service provider incurred to stream/ download videos from the internet.
Device(s): Currently Transfer feature is available only on following devices:
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 and 6 plus with iOS version 6.0 & above
- iPad 2, 3, 4, mini, Air, Air 2 and mini with retina display with iOS version 6.0 & Above
- Android Phones and Tablets with OS version 4.1.2 and above.
- PC with OS Windows XP, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
Mac computers with OS X Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Mavericks 10.9.4 and Yosemite 10.10.
This list of Devices with their respective OS software versions may be modified by Tata Sky, in its sole discretion, from time to time.
- DTH: means Direct to Home satellite television services.
- Download: copy and storage of audio and video files via internet on the registered Device, which can later be played without internet during the validity period on such Device.
- Transfer: Transfer is a service which is a part of the Tata Sky Mobile app on registered Device(s) that enables a Tata Sky Subscriber to (1) stream recorded content on your mobile device from a Transfer set top box using a Wi-Fi network and/or (2) transfer recorded content on your mobile device from a Transfer set top box using Wi-Fi network.
- Transfer activated Device: a Device on which Activation has been completed.
- Transfer Fee: Tata Sky is currently not charging any fees for the service. However, Tata Sky reserves the right to charge fees/charges at any time in the future as may be deemed fit by Tata Sky.
- Transfer Terms and Conditions (‘Transfer T&C’): This entire document including the eligibility criteria and the other applicable Terms and Conditions for access to Transfer.
- Registration: a free of charge process that allows an Active Tata Sky Subscriber to register their Device as per the steps highlighted herein below.
- Transfer STB: means Tata Sky’s DTH Set Top Box with Transfer functionality.
- Streaming: playback of audio & video files in compressed form over the internet/Wi-Fi network.
- Subscription Agreement: Hardware Warranty Terms And Conditions, Specific Terms and Conditions of Tata Sky Subscription Contract and / or Specific Terms and Conditions of Tata Sky Subscription Contract for Tata Sky Hardware provided on Entrustment basis as applicable.
- Tata Sky Account: means the Tata Sky Subscription Account of an Active Tata Sky Subscriber.
- Tata Sky Mobile app: A computer software application owned and distributed by Tata Sky free of cost on PCs and devices with select iOS and Android based Operating Systems (OS).
- Virtual Private Network / VPN: VPN enables computers/Devices to connect to a virtual private network wherein the client makes remote resources of another network available in a secure way as if the user was connected directly to that "private" network.
- www.mytatasky.com: means the Tata Sky website on which Tata Sky Subscriber can manage his Tata Sky Account by modifying his packs, ordering showcase movies, recharging his Tata Sky account, etc.
- You / Your: An Active Tata Sky Subscriber who has activated Transfer on his / her registered Device(s).
Registration of Device for Transfer
Registration to be done as per the following steps listed below:
- To register a device, download the Tata Sky Mobile app and launch the app.
- Login with Registered Mobile Number (RMN) / Subscriber ID
- Subscribers need to give a name of their choosing to their device for easy identification later
- Any number of Devices can be registered with Tata Sky, however, Transfer at a given time, can be activated on a maximum of 2 (Two) Devices of an Active Tata Sky Subscriber.
Activation of Transfer service
- Only Active Tata Sky Subscribers having a Transfer STB connection as part of their subscription account can activate Transfer on their registered Devices.
To activate Transfer, the Subscriber needs to:
- Avail the service, by responding to the SMS that is triggered from the Tata Sky Mobile App after clicking on the ‘Transfer’ icon in the Tata Sky Mobile app.
- Go to www.mytatasky.com and Select the registered Device on which to activate Transfer
- Call the Tata Sky helpline
- Transfer fee will be charged to the Tata Sky Account for the selected Device. Transfer can be activated on a maximum of 2 Devices at any given point in time.
To access this section, the Subscriber needs to:
- Be an Active Tata Sky Subscriber,
- Register his / her Device
- Activate Transfer on the Device
- Only select content will be available to stream/ transfer using Transfer service
- Tata Sky reserves the right to modify the list Content available on Transfer service without prior notice.
- Subscriber can stream / transfer the Recorded Content, as applicable, through a Wi-Fi network.
- Streaming/ Transfer of recorded content are permitted within the territorial boundaries of India only.
- As per directions from broadcasters/ content providers received by Tata Sky from time to time, certain specific Content may not be made available or withdrawn for viewing on the Device. Tata Sky is bound by these directions and shall not be liable for any losses or damages for non-availability of these programs.
General Terms and conditions
- To de-activate Transfer service, the Subscriber will need to call the Tata Sky helpline.
- Transfer service is not supported on jail broken/ rooted Devices.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms & Conditions, Tata Sky shall be entitled, at all times, to employ such measures for the detection of piracy and/or other unlawful activities with respect to the service as Tata Sky may deem fit, including but not limited to, fingerprinting or any other mechanism or system deployed by Tata Sky and / or third parties authorised by Tata Sky for the purpose.
- Your usage of the Services shall be closely monitored for activities resulting in a breach of the terms of these Terms & Conditions and / or the intellectual property rights of any party and / or violation of any law. In the event of a suspicion / detection of misuse by You of the service, or any Subscriber who has activated Transfer on his / her registered Device, if found indulging in piracy or using Virtual Private Network (“VPN”) to access the same Tata Sky shall be entitled to take such action as it may deem appropriate to curb such misuse, including deactivation and / or cancellation of Your service and other civil and criminal sanctions as provided under the law.
- Tata Sky reserves the right to modify Transfer fee without any prior notice.
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible for any malfunction/ poor performance of Transfer or Tata Sky Mobile app on Your Device.
- Tata Sky reserves the right, at anytime without prior notice, to add or vary all or any of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Transfer is non transferable to another Device from the Devices it is activated for and any attempt or action to do the same would be treated as unauthorised and shall amount to piracy.
- Tata Sky will not be liable for any loss, damage or cancellation of Transfer service caused by force majeure events beyond its reasonable control including war, natural calamities, floods, failure of telecommunication network, etc. and / or in respect of any claim pertaining to the exhaustiveness of this Transfer T&C.
- In case of loss / theft / replacement or any other issues with the Device, You must immediately inform Tata Sky and make the request to de-register and / or de-activate Transfer from such Device. In case of failure to do so, You would be solely liable for violation of the Terms & Conditions and / or the infringement of the rights or licenses granted herein.
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access the Tata Sky website or process any transaction thereon.
- You consent to comply with these terms and conditions and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions and release, indemnify and hold harmless Tata Sky and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from activating Transfer.
- This Transfer T&C is in addition to the Terms & Conditions contained in the existing Subscription Agreement of Your Tata Sky Account for availing DTH services through the Transfer STB and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Limitation of Liability: Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, shall Tata Sky be liable to You or to any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, remote or consequential damages of any character whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of confidential or other information, for business interruption, work stoppage, Device failure or malfunction, for personal injury, loss of privacy, for failure to meet any duty including a duty of good faith or of reasonable care, for negligence (whether active or passive), and for any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the use or inability to use the application, loss of data or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this Transfer T&C, even in the event of fault, tort (including negligence, and gross negligence), strict liability, breach of contract, or breach of warranty by Tata Sky, and even if Tata Sky has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Tata Sky be liable for any damages in excess of the Transfer Fee Tata Sky charges to You for offering the Transfer service.
- Confidentiality: You agree that any information and documentation provided to You in respect of provision of Transfer is "Confidential Information" of Tata Sky. You shall retain all Confidential Information in strict confidence and with the same amount of diligence that you exercise in preserving the secrecy of your most-valuable information, but in no event less than reasonable diligence.
- Assignment: This Transfer T&C is personal to You and You may not assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise part with this Transfer T&C or any right or obligation under it without Tata Sky’s prior written consent.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Transfer T&C shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The Courts of Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with this Transfer T&C.
- Severability: If any provision of this Transfer T&C is held to be unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in no way be treated as affected or impaired thereby.
- Headings: Headings used herein are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this Offer Document.