- Samsung Tata Sky (‘Offer’) is a promotional scheme which is being offered by Tata Sky Limited (‘Tata Sky’) to the Eligible Participants.
Eligible Participants shall be:
- an individual who is a resident Indian and above 18 years of age; and
- who has purchased from one Samsung India Pvt. Ltd (‘Samsung’) a Samsung High Definition Light Emitting Diode Television (‘Samsung HD LED Television’) or a Liquid Crystal Television (‘Samsung HD LCD Television’). This offer is only for Samsung HD LED Television sets and Samsung HD LCD Television which are 24 inches and Above Except for models of 5570 and 6470 Smart Direct series
- The purchase could be either directly from retail outlet/stores owned or operated by Samsung or through the retail outlet/stores of the authorized dealers of Samsung; and
- The purchase of the Samsung HD LED Television or the Samsung HD LCD Television must be anytime between Purchase Period.
- The individual must have received a scratch card while purchasing the Samsung HD LED Television or the Samsung HD Liquid Television; and
- Under this Offer the Eligible Participants shall be eligible for the following:
- A Tata Sky Kit on Entrustment basis. Tata Sky Kit consists of High Definition Tata Sky Set To Box together with antenna and a remote; and
- A Tata Sky High Definition Connection for INR 1390. Tata Sky High Definition Connection is the fee payable towards the activation of the Tata Sky Kit provided to the Eligible Participants; and
- Waiver of HD Access Fee for a period of three (3) months (‘Promotional Waiver Period’) from the date of activation of the Tata Sky High Definition Connection by the Eligible Participants.
Free installation of the standard Tata Sky Kit. The Charges towards extra material for installation, if required shall be paid by the customer as per the applicable rates.
To avail the Offer the Eligible Participants must follow the following steps:
- Step 1 - Purchase a Samsung HD LED Television or a Samsung HD LCD Television during the Purchase Period.
- Step 2 – The Eligible Participants will receive a scratch card together Samsung HD LED Television or a Samsung HD LCD Television. A sixteen-digit unique pincode (‘Code’) will be embossed on the scratch card. Upon scratching the card, the Code will be displayed to the Eligible Participants.
- Step 3 - Within the Redemption Period, the Eligible Participants must call the Tata Sky Customer Help Desk at 1860-208-6633 or visit the nearest Tata Sky Dealer along with this scratch card. The Code must be redeemed by the expiration date that accompanied the Code, which shall not be sooner than the Redemption Period mentioned below.
- Step 4 - Upon sharing the pin with the Customer Care Executive or the Tata Sky Dealer, (as the may be) within the Redemption Period, Customer Care Executive or the Tata Sky Dealer will lodge the order placed by the Eligible Participants for a Tata Sky High Definition Connection and inform Tata Sky of the same.
- Step 5 – Upon receiving the order for the Tata Sky High Definition Connection, Tata Sky shall make arrangements for installation of the Tata Sky Kit at the premises of the Eligible Participants.
- Step 6 – Before the Tata Sky Kit is installed in the premise of the Eligible Participants, the Eligible Participants must pay Tata Sky a an amount of Rs.1390 along with the price of the package selected by the Eligible Participants as stated in point 1.6 below.
- The Purchase Period begins on September 1, 2017 and ends on May 31, 2018 or while supplies of the Samsung HD LED Television or the Samsung HD LCD Television last, whichever occurs first. Redemption Period shall begin from the date the Eligible Participants purchases the Samsung LED/LCD Television and shall end on the 30th day from the Purchase Date. The Purchase Date mentioned in invoice issued by retail outlet/stores owned or operated by Samsung or he retail outlet/stores of the authorized dealers of Samsung shall considered as the date of purchase to calculate the Redemption Period.
- In order to redeem the Offer, the Participants must not only agree to the these terms and conditions specifically associated with the Offer but also agree to the terms and conditions stipulated in the, Specific Terms and Conditions of Tata Sky Subscription Contract and/or Specific Terms and Conditions of Tata Sky Subscription Contract for Tata Sky Hardware provided on Entrustment basis and/or Everywhere TV Terms and Conditions, all found on the My Tata Sky website - www.mytatasky.com. The documents referred above will be collectively referred herein as ‘Subscription Contract’.
- The Offer is only for the activation of the Tata Sky High Definition Connection and does not include other Subscription fee such as the Minimum First Recharge Fee, Activation Fee etc. Therefore, to watch the channels through the Tata Sky High Definition Connection the Eligible Participants must select an Package(s) available on www.tatasky.com starting from Rs. 199 per month. Depending on the Package(s) chosen by the Eligible Participants, the Eligible Participants must pay Tata Sky as per applicable price for the selected pack and upon receipt of the subscription fee, the Package will be activated through the Tata Sky High Definition Connection. Similarly any subscription for ad-on pack and/or Tata Sky Services can be subscribed by the Eligible Participants on the payment of the applicable prices as are prevailing at the time of selection.
- The Tata Sky Kit and/or the Tata Sky Service and/or the Tata Sky High Definition Connection can be availed only in India. The Tata Sky Kit and any hardware installed by Tata Sky at the premises of the Eligible Participants has been provided to the Eligible Participants on an entrustment basis, without any consideration, only to avail of the Direct to Home Service of Tata Sky during the validity of the Subscription Contract. As the Tata Sky Kit has been provided on entrustment basis, it cannot be construed that any rights in the Tata Sky Kit or otherwise of whatsoever nature has been transferred by Tata Sky to the Eligible Participants or any persons availing the services through the Eligible Participants. Tata Sky reserve the right to repossess the Tata Sky Kit and/or claim damages from Eligible Participants for any loss or unauthorized use or damage to the Tata Sky Kit or if the Tata Sky Kit is stolen during the period it has been provided to Eligible Participants on an entrustment basis or in the event of the failure of the Eligible Participants to return the Tata Sky Kit immediately upon cancellation or termination of the Service. Any reference to the Tata Sky Kit in this Terms and Conditions shall include the complete Tata Sky Kit or its parts thereof.
- To avail the Offer the Eligible Participants must follow the following steps:
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Offer cannot be combined with, and is not valid with, any other rebates, offers, discounts, promotion or programs. This Offer is nontransferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash.
- Upon the expiration of the Promotional Waiver Period, the subscription fee for the HD Access Fee will be charged to the Tata Sky Subscription Account of the Eligible Participant unless to timely cancel the HD Service before the expiration of the Promotional Waiver Period. It is clarified that the Eligible Participant shall not be informed that the Promotional Waiver Period will end or has ended and if the Eligible Participant fails to discontinue the HD Services, Tata Sky will charge and collect the recurring HD Access Fee on monthly basis.
- Code once used to avail the Offer cannot be reused. Multiple usage of the scratch cards is prohibited and PIN once consumed cannot be re-used again. Eligible Participant can only redeem one scratch card per Samsung LED/LCD. Neither Tata Sky nor Samsung shall be held liable for theft, loss or misuse of the scratch cards or the Code. Tata Sky make no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose or non-infringement regarding the Offer. Tata Sky shall not be responsible of any misuse of the Code including misuse of the Code resulting due to Eligible Participant losing the scratch card or sharing or discloses the Code with a third party. Request for duplicate Code or non-conforming requests will not be honored by Tata Sky.
- Tata Sky is not responsible for the Samsung Products or the delivery of the Samsung related Products including Samsung HD LED Television or Samsung HD LCD Television. The Eligible Participant must directly contact Samsung or its authorized dealers about any information and/or complaint related to the Samsung Products or the delivery of the Samsung related Products including Samsung HD LED Television or Samsung HD LCD Television.
- Tata Sky expressly disclaims any responsibility and the Eligible Participant and all participants availing this Offer through the Eligible Participant agrees to hold Tata Sky harmless from all liabilities for any costs, claims, damages or any other injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), disability or loss to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Offer, the delivery and/or subsequent acceptances of, use or misuse of any Offer, or Offer related activity. Tata Sky is not responsible for any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property, which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the purchase of, use or misuse of any Offer related product. Tata Sky further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Offer for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any Offer or due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a ‘Force Majeure Event’).
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible in case of any network problems such as breakdown of machinery, unclear network, disruption in the network and/or the charges that pay be payable by the subscriber to any network operator. Any dispute about the same should be settled between the Eligible Participants and the network operator without involving Tata Sky.
- The Eligible Participant(s) must provide all the required information, which may be asked from the Eligible Participant(s).
- Tata Sky reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever, to add or vary all or any of the terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part this promotional scheme or to withdraw it completely. Tata Sky will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the Eligible Participant(s) if the Offer is cancelled and/or withdrawn by Tata Sky or if the Eligible Participant(s) is not able to view Kids Pack due to a Force Majeure Event including without limitation for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Tata Sky such as war, natural calamities, floods, failure of telecommunication network, satellite technology failure etc.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable in relation to the Offer shall be solely borne by the Eligible Participant(s) . By availing this Offer, it shall be deemed to be construe that the Eligible Participant(s) has read and consented to the terms and conditions stated here in and in to the Subscription Contract.
- The Eligible Participant(s) and/or any person through the Eligible Participant(s) waives any and all right that such an individual may have to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions and agrees to releases, indemnifies and hold harmless Tata Sky and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and its respective agents, partners, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from the Eligible Participant(s) availing this Offer.
- Tata Sky shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access the Tata Sky website or process any transaction thereon.
- All capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as ascribed to them in the Subscription Contract. In the event of any inconsistency between the Subscription Contract and these Terms and Conditions, in so far as this Offer is concerned, the later shall prevail. Headings used herein are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this Offer Document.
- The Offer shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and the courts of New Delhi shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate on any disputes arising from the Offer.