Tata Sky is upgrading its technology from MPEG2 to MPEG4. If you are currently holding an MPEG2 set top box, you will not be able to view some channels due to this technology change. The migration offer is only for Tata Sky subscribers who have subscribed to Tata Sky services (“You”) and are holding a Tata Sky MPEG2 box & have subscribed to any of the channels that have been migrated. Tata Sky subscriber means a subscriber who avails the Offer and activates his Tata Sky Service during the Offer Period. On upgrading your Tata Sky connection from MPEG2 to MPEG4 at the Helpline, you will get a discount on the charges currently applicable to the activation of the respective connection. This discount is applicable only on returning the existing Tata Sky set top box.
What do you get in this offer?
On returning the existing set top box, this offer entitles you to a discount on the charges currently applicable to the activation of a Tata Sky connection.
The offer entitles you to:
On returning the existing Tata Sky set top box:
1. If you activate Tata Sky DTH services with MPEG4 SD Zapper connection (1 month free service commitment) - Rs 0
2. If you activate Tata Sky DTH services with MPEG4 SD Zapper connection (12 months free service commitment) - Rs 500
3. If you activate Tata Sky DTH services with HD Zapper connection (12 months free service commitment) - Rs 990*
4. If you activate Tata Sky DTH services with HD PVR connection (12 months free service commitment) - Rs 5990*
*On both the HD offers, i.e. activation of Tata Sky DTH services with Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD connection, there will be 1 month waiver of HD Access Fee.
How to avail the offer?
Call the Tata Sky Helpline.
Ask for a Tata Sky MPEG4 connection of your choice from the above.
Return the existing Tata Sky set top box if you want to avail this offer
Terms and Conditions: General
- This is a limited period offer. You will be able to migrate a maximum of 4 Tata Sky connections from MPEG2 to MPEG4 under the same subscriber id, during the offer period by returning equal number of set top boxes.
- This offer is available to you only at the Helpline. The migration offer is not available with dealers.
- The migration offer is available only on returning the existing Tata Sky set top box. If you wish to retain the existing Tata Sky set top box, you can purchase an additional Tata Sky connection at the regular price. Please ask the helpline for current prices on a MultiTV connection.
- This offer cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The MPEG4 Tata Sky set top box and the other Consumer Premise Equipment under this Offer (together referred to, as the ‘Tata Sky hardware’) is provided to you on entrustment basis without any consideration and Tata Sky Ltd. has perpetual full legal and equitable rights of ownership over the same.
- You will have to pay the entire amount for respective Tata Sky connections to avail this offer. The transaction will not be complete in the event the entire amount is not paid or the existing MPEG 2 box is not returned.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer on www.tatasky.com or Tata Sky Helpline.
- Tata Sky reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, to add or vary all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part the Offer or to withdraw it completely.
- By availing the Offer, You hereby agree to comply with these terms and conditions and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless, Tata Sky and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of its respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from your or any third party’s use (or misuse) of the Offer.
- You acknowledge and agree that all disputes in relation to the Offer shall be subject to Delhi jurisdiction.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to the Terms & Conditions of the Subscription Contract and if there are any inconsistencies between the two, the terms of the Subscription Contract shall be binding. These terms and conditions shall not constitute a modification or waiver of any other provision of the Subscription Contract. Terms used herein but not defined shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Subscription Contract.