Equal Opportunity Policy for Persons with Disabilities
At Tata Sky Ltd., we recognize the value of a diverse workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive workplace and work culture in which employees are treated with respect and dignity.
We will strive to ensure that our workforce is representative of all sections of the society. We believe that, by doing so, we would be better equipped to develop and deliver accessible and inclusive products and services.
This policy shall be applicable to persons with disabilities including full-time employees, job applicants, management trainees and Company interns.
We are committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination, bullying and harassment, whether sexual, physical, verbal or psychological of person with disabilities. We endeavor to:
- 1. Provide equal and fair opportunities for employment.
- 2. Strive to ensure that all our facilities, technologies, information and privileges are accessible to people with disabilities.
- 3. Any information shared by employee on disability/medical condition will remain confidential.
Our decisions on employment, career progression, training or any other benefits are solely based on merit, competence and potential of the individual.
Discrimination: In relation to disability it means any distinction, exclusion, restriction on the basis of disability which is the purpose or effect of impairing or nullifying the recognition, enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, civil or any other field and includes all forms of discrimination and denial of reasonable accommodation.
Person with Disability: It means a person with long term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairment which, in interaction with barriers, hinders his/her full and effective participation in society equally with others.
Reasonable accommodation: It means necessary and appropriate modification and adjustments, without imposing a disproportionate or undue burden in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise of rights equally with others.
- (a) Physical Infrastructure We aim to ensure that our physical infrastructure (furniture and facilities) adheres to the accessibility standards. Any employee facing accessibility issues should report to the Facilities Team at their location or write to the Liaison Officer.
- (b) Digital Infrastructure We endeavor to ensure that all our documents, communication and information technology systems adhere to the accessibility standards. Any employee facing accessibility challenges can reach out to the local IT Support Team or write to Liaison Officer.
- (c) Reasonable Accommodation We shall provide appropriate barrier free and conducive environment to job applicants or employees with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations, whenever necessary, for qualified employees or job applicants who have disabilities.
- All documents concerning an employee’s Reasonable Accommodations request would be maintained confidentially in the employee’s file.
- (a) List of Positions Positions are open for people with all types of disabilities. The hiring is purely based on merit and the candidates are evaluated based upon their skills and competence.
- (b) Vacancy advertisement and application Wherever possible, the link to vacancies will be advertised on the Career Page of our website.
- (c) Selection Process The shortlisting of candidate will be done as per the job description and shortlisted candidates will undergo pre-hire assessments.
- Candidates who clear the pre-hire assessments will be interviewed.
- During the Recruitment Process, if a person with disability needs any Reasonable Accommodation, she/he shall write to the recruiter or the Liaison Officer.
- (a) Training and Career development We endeavour to provide course materials for induction and training in accessible formats on request. The request for Reasonable Accommodation, such as assistive aids, accessible training venue, accessible materials, interpreter, scribe, etc. should be placed at least one week prior to the scheduled date of commencement of induction/training.
- (b) Special Leave An employee’s request for special leave, for reasons related to a disability will be considered a reasonable accommodation. This will be subject to the discretion of the management on a case to case basis. Special Leave will be considered only after Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Causal Leave as provided under the HR Policy is exhausted.
- (a) Liaison Officer We have appointed Dhaval Morparia as a Liaison Officer who will be responsible for taking initiative and providing the requisite support needed to realize the goals of an inclusive and accessible workplace and Reasonable Accommodation.
- (b) Maintenance of Records We will collect and maintain data regarding employees with disabilities in relation to their employment, facilities provided and other necessary information confidentially.
- We will collect and maintain data regarding employees with disabilities in relation to their employment, facilities provided and other necessary information confidentially.