- Who are the promoters of Tata Sky?
Tata Sky Ltd is a joint venture between Tata Sons and 21st Century Fox.
- When was the service launched?
Tata Sky satellite television service was launched on 8 August, 2006.
- How does Tata Sky work?
Tata Sky uplinks all channels from broadcasters to its satellite (INSAT 4A). The satellite sends these channels in digital format to the mini-dish fixed outside your home. The mini-dish relays the channels to the set top box which decodes the channels and sends them to your television, giving you an unparalleled television viewing experience with DVD quality picture and CD quality sound.
- What are the special features of the Tata Sky set top box?
Tata Sky enhances your TV viewing experiences with the following features:
- Guide: Browse through the 4-day schedule which includes the programme synopsis for all channels on Tata Sky.
- Reminder: This feature allows you to set a reminder for your favourite programmes up to 4 days in advance, ensuring you never miss an episode of your favourite show again.
- Favourites: You can set up to 50 channels in the order of your preference as a part of your favourites list.
- Search & Scan Banner: This feature allows you to check out what’s playing on another channel without changing the channel you are currently watching.The banner appears at the base of the television screen and does not interfere with what you are watching. It disappears automatically after giving you the schedule of programmes across all channels.
- Parental Control: You can regulate what your children watch with Tata Sky‘s parental control feature. This unique feature allows you to lock movies based on parental ratings or even an entire channel. To do this, press ‘organiser’ button on your remote and select parental control.
- What are the different types of Set Top Boxes available with Tata Sky?
Tata Sky offers a variety of set top boxes:
- What is Tata Sky HD?
Tata Sky HD gives you the unmatched experience of high-definition viewing in your home. With the Tata Sky HD service you can enjoy 5.1 Surround Sound, 1080i resolution and 16:9 Aspect ratio that allows you to view incredibly vivid colours and images up to 5 times sharper. Click here to know more
- What is Tata Sky+ HD?
Tata Sky+ HD is a new generation Personal Video Recorder (PVR) with the capability of delivering HD picture quality and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound. Click here to know more.